Skip to product information
1 of 6

Coccoina

Coccoina Adhesive Paste, Plant-based & Nontoxic

Coccoina Adhesive Paste, Plant-based & Nontoxic

Regular price $7.50 USD
Regular price Sale price $7.50 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Color

PLANT BASED ADHESIVE PASTE 

Coccoina adhesive paste with its delightful marzipan scent, adorable tin can and petite glue brush has been delighting users for over 90 years.

MOSTLY POTATO STARCH

Made in Italy from 90% potato starch with the other 10% being water, plant-based glycerin, almond essence and food grade preservative, this water soluble, solvent free, non-toxic paste is famous for how well it works on paper crafts without wrinkling the paper, as well as working on clothing, labels, cardboard, photos and many more craft projects. It’s a fast drying paste is reversible with water. 

 

PLANT-BASED CHILD-SAFE GLUE

Coccoina white adhesive paste with its delightful marzipan scent, adorable tin can and petite glue brush has been delighting users for over 90 years.

 

COMPOSITION AND USES

Glue based on dextrine of potato flour in water (solvent free)

Made only in Italy from 90% potato starch with the other 10% being water, plant-based glycerin, almond essence and a food grade preservative to keep it safe. This water-soluble, solvent-free paste is famous for how well it works on paper crafts without wrinkling the paper, as well as working on clothing, labels, cardboard, photos and many more craft projects.

It’s a fast drying paste, reversible with water, nontoxic, solvent-free glue. 

 SECONDS AVAILABLE

Seconds are the same adhesive paste, same brush, same metal tin, but it has a cosmetic flaw that keeps it from being chosen off the shelf.

It may be a dented lid, scuffed lid, or loose label on the outside of the tin.  Or the potato starch adhesive on the inside had more than the usual one, two or no surface cracks or cured unevenly in its tin.

None of these affect the paste or how it works. They just make it not uniform in appearance so less likely to be grabbed.  So take advantage of the markdown and get the same adhesive for less. 


HOW IS COCCOINA ADHESIVE PASTE MADE

The potato starch and water are cooked in a double-boiler. Once cooled down enough, plant-based glycerin is added to thicken the paste and almond extract is added to give it a pleasant marzipan scent. A tiny amount of food-grade preservative is added at the end to prevent mold and bacteria. Then, it is decanted into its cute little tin for a month before being packaged up for sale with its little tin-handled brush with stiff bristles for spreading the paste. The bristles are made from pig hair. Everything in this delightful adhesive paste is either 100% biodegradable or reusable and recyclable. 

Unchanged since 1927, this earth friendly, environmentally respectful glue and its little recyclable or reusable tin will fast become a favorite for children and crafters. 

DETAILS

  • Coccoina Adhesive Paste
  • Balma, Capoduri & C. (TM)
  • 125 grams of paste in a tin pot
  • Glue brush included
  • Solvent Free
  • Child-safe
  • Plant-Based
  • Excellent for paper crafts + more
  • Made in Italy
  • Shelf life 12 months after first open/use

 

 ALLERGY ALERT

Though this glue scent contains an almond essence; it's not recommended for those with almond or nut allergies. 

Natural Products

Many items on our site are handmade from natural products or produced in small batches from natural products. Due to this, each one may be unique, sizes are approximate and special care may need to be taken for some items (i.e. occasionally rubbing your wooden products with a plant based oil or a natural wax).

Shipping and Returns

Orders are processed between 1 to 3 business days. Peak shopping periods, such as holidays, can extend this up to 5 business days, though most are still processed between 1 - 3 business days.

Shipping rates are set by USPS and UPS. Our checkout is connected directly to USPS and UPS and is based on a combination or weight of the shipment and/or box dimensions and how far the delivery address is from us.

Please click on the links to go directly to our shipping and returns policies.

Shipping

Returns

View full details