It’s fabulous that our children can play in the sand box, in the sensory bin and on the beach with wooden sand toys. No more plastic. Wood has a natural warmth that just can’t be replicated so we just love wooden toys here at Ninth & Pine.
And these hand shovels are made specifically from beautiful olive wood pieces. Olive wood is a dense hardwood that has a beautiful grain, so no two shovels are the same.
This is a pretty wood to use during play for wooden toys and will last a long time if properly cared for. Please read CARE below. Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
Sold singly or as a pair (1 of each size). Select correct size(s) BEFORE adding to cart.
- Olive Wood
- Small: 8.5"L x 2.5"W x 0.5"H
- Medium: 10"L x 3"W x 0.25"
- Made by artisans in Kenya
- Fair Trade Certified
- Biodegradable at end life
SHIPS FROM Washington State, Pacific Northwest, U.S.A
- Do not leave outside in the elements once play is over. We recommend storing wooden toys inside.
- Do not wash in dishwasher.
- Do not leave soaking or submerged in water. Long-term contact with water is not a friend of wood.
- Hand wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry completely.
- Rub wood lightly with beeswax wood polish or a plant-based oil after washing. Do the same every few weeks and before long-term storage to help prevent wood from drying out.