Self-drying Soap Dish is made of 100% renewable material named Diatomite (fossilized algae shells). It's water-absorbent and quick-drying which makes it ideal to place on the kitchen and bathroom counters where water can accumulate without frequent clean-up.
The soap tray feels similar to concrete but with draining holes and pathways which ensure soap and shampoo bars dry and keep your countertops and bathtub ledges clean from soap residue. Unlike concrete, Diatomite trays may break if dropped so take care when cleaning just as you would with a ceramic tray. The self drying nature of diatomite makes it worth it but if you do break your tray, it’s 100% natural and can be disposed of in a compost bin if crushed.
- Made of 100% Diatomite (Fossilized Diatom Algae Shells)
- Self Drying with small volumes of water
- Draining ridges and Ventilation Holes
- Compostable if first ground up into a powder or granules
- Wipe off as needed to keep soap residue from building up
- May wash with warm water and soap if needed
- Allow to Air dry in a ventilated area if washed or saturated and at least once a week
- Use sandpaper to gently sand off any discoloration or stains from minerals in water
- Do not clean with vinegar (This is, after all, made from microscopic shells)
- Handle with care to avoid dropping tray as impacts can crack or break tray