Caring for outdoor plantings can be intimidating, especially if the process is completely new to you. Before running to the hardware store to stock up on plastic bags of mulch and tools you don't really need, arm yourself with the know-how to plant and tend outdoor areas correctly and safely. Doing so saves you time, money, and energy--and helps make the process a whole lot more fun!
With help from this easy-to-follow beginner gardening guide, you'll learn:
- Tips for selecting the best plants and flowers for your growing conditions
- The best planting techniques for different types of plants
- How to mulch trees, shrubs, and garden beds correctly
- Pruning dos and don'ts for common garden plants
- Ways to keep weeds out of outdoor areas--without using synthetic herbicides
- How to recognize and manage different pests and diseases naturally
- Insider tips on everything from the difference between annuals and perennials to choosing the best organic fertilizer
- Plus, you'll find time-management advice and tips for effective, resource-conscious gardening
You will close the book not only knowing how to care for your home's outdoor plantings using earth-friendly methods, but also knowing the satisfaction of a beautiful, all-natural landscape.
- Written by Sean and Allison McManus.
- Published by Cool Springs Press, April 27, 2021.
- 0.6" H x 9.8" L x 7.9" W (1.35 lbs) 176 pages
SHIPS FROM Washington State, Oregon, or Tennessee (Depending upon where you live), U. S. A.