Whether your yard is big or small, raised beds are the perfect fit. They allow you to create a controlled growing environment, filled with fertile soil, where plants thrive. Raised beds help gardeners overcome rocky or less-than-ideal soils, there's little to no weeding involved, and they can be as large or as petite as you'd like. You can even use an elevated or mobile raised bed if the only sunny space you have to grow is on a patio, deck, or driveway. In The First-Time Gardener: Raised Bed Gardening, you'll learn how to select the best raised bed for your space, what to fill it with, and tips for staking and trellising plants to save space and improve yields.
Additional advice found inside includes:
- DIY plans for building quick-and-simple beds
- Info on the best soil mixes for filling raised beds
- How to mulch, water, and fertilize your new garden
- Illustrated planting plans to help you determine how many plants fit in each bed
- Step-by-step project plans for unique raised bed trellising systems
- The best beginner-friendly crops to get you started
- How to maximize production from a small raised bed garden
- Tips to get growing in a way that won't leave you feeling overwhelmed halfway through the season
Raised bed gardening is perfect for beginners, as long as you have a pro like CaliKim sharing her essential know-how and cheering you on to veggie-growing victory.
- Published by Cool Springs Press, March 8, 2022
SHIPS FROM Washington State, Oregon, or Tennessee (Depending upon where you live), U. S. A.