THE BACKYARD BEEKEEPER: AN ABSOLUTE BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO KEEPING BEES IN YOUR YARD AND GARDEN, 4th edition
The Backyard Beekeeper, now in its 4th edition, makes the time-honored and complex tradition of beekeeping an enjoyable and accessible backyard pastime for urban and rural beekeepers of all skill levels.
More than a guide to beekeeping, this handbook features expert advice for:
- Setting up and caring for your own colonies
- Selecting the best location to place your new bee colonies for their safety and yours
- The most practical and nontoxic ways to care for your bees
- Swarm control
- Using top bar hives
- Harvesting the products of a beehive and collecting and using honey
- Bee problems and treatments
- Information for urban bees and beekeepers
- Using your smoker the right way
- Better pest management
- Providing consistent and abundant good food
- Keeping your hives healthy
With this complete resource and the expert advice of Bee Culture editor Kim Flottum, your bees will be healthy, happy, and more productive.
- The Backyard Beekeeper: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden, 4th ed
- Written by Kim Flottum.
- Published by Quarry Books, January 2, 2018.
- 0.7" H x 9.9" L x 8.0" W (1.9 lbs) 240 pages